Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sneezing, sniffling, and suffering in sunny Paris

Being sick here is just terrible because I'm just not as well-equipped to deal with it as I am back home.  With the recent change in weather, my sinuses have simply gone AWOL.  Is that how one would describe this?  I feel like I have a cold, but I don't know how I could've gotten it...  It warmed up a bit here, and then it was cold, and then it warmed up again!  Now I'm constantly sneezing, and with watery eyes I sit in a stuffed-up, snotty stupor while I wait for that tickle in my nose to go away.

I'm really reluctant to go and get medicine because I don't think that I'm actually sick, choosing instead to believe that the change in temperature and the sudden appearance of spring has caused my body to go into panic-mode.

It's okay, body!  Really, everything will be fine!  Just calm down and start enjoying the fact that a winter coat is, for the most part, no longer necessary.  I don't find it particularly enthralling to sneeze every five minutes and, I'm sure, if you look down deep enough, you'll realize that you aren't particularly enthralled by it either.  So... let's agree to stop this nonsense, alright?  Alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment