Sunday, February 13, 2011

Group Email Update (2)

2/6/2011
Hello, everyone!  :)

Just for future reference, I'm pretty sure that my updates are just going to be sent on the weekends...  Or whenever I have the most free time.  Things have been busy!

My official classes still haven't started, but some of them will by the end of this week.  So far we have just been doing language review and orientation with our program director, Céline (she is awesome).  A lot of my friends and I have been doing some sight-seeing (like good ol' American tourists), but I've been feeling a little under the weather (nothing serious), so I haven't gone every time.  Today, however, I went to Belleville for the Chinese New Year celebration.  Belleville is pretty much the French version of China Town that we know from New York.  Everything was very colorful... and the weather today was beautiful!  We're expecting temperatures in the 50s this week.  It's great!  Sorry about all the snow...  Ha ha!

Tomorrow night I'm seeing an opera with my group (
Mme Butterfly... it's by Puccini) and later in the month I'm seeing a ballet (Caligula... not that I can tell you much about it, because I simply don't know).  I also am going on a trip to Normandy in about two weeks.  I'm glad to have a lot of exciting things coming up!

I was finally able to do laundry and buy a hairdryer...  These things seem really stupid and probably meaningless to a lot of you but it is SO NICE to have clean clothes and hair that doesn't make me look weirder than I already am.  ;)  Getting laundry done was a process...  There are only 7 machines (4 washers, 3 dryers) and you need to purchase tokens to use them from the front desk... for 5€.  The directions to use the machines are all in French... and for something like that, where my tokens may be eaten if I make any mistakes (and in which case I
don't get a refund and am stuck with dirty clothes), I'd really like for the directions to be in English, too.  Oh, well.  I was given tips on how to use it by a friend, and I also made it a point to ask people that came into the laundry room.  In the end, I had clean, dry clothes.  Yay!  My hairdryer was cheap, too (only 5,99€, and works well, so this weekend was pretty successful.

Ehhh!


I suppose that's about it...

If you want to send me letters or something, my address is here:
________________
(the ___ is my room number! You may want to write "chambre ___" but I'm not sure)

Also...  I have a magicJack and the number is ____________--YES, it's a local number!  It's not always turned on, but you can leave me a voicemail.  Although I never seem to get the whole message...  Just the first few seconds.  I'll have to look into that...

I think that's about it for now!  :)


I'll be writing again next weekend.  Thank you for keeping in touch with me!

Lots of love,

- Maeghan

No comments:

Post a Comment