Sunday, February 13, 2011

Group Email Update (1)

1/28/2011
Hey, everyone! :)

I have arrived!  Right now I'm in my room in Paris, fighting the evil

Internet "connection."  It's not being very cooperative right now (and
I have a feeling that this is normal), but I'm trying my best to
update.

My original flight was delayed by about 6 hours due to the storm,

until it was finally canceled--then I ended up spending the night in
the airport with some students from my program.  The whole ordeal was
very exhausting, but it was nice to get to know the others.  We had to
wait over 24hrs from our original flight time in order to get on
another one.  We passed the time by playing Uno and, eventually,
making a blanket fort at one of the gates--are you surprised?  The
employees at Newark seemed amused and didn't ask us to take it
down--in fact, one man who worked for the airport came over and asked
if we needed more blankets.  :D

As of right now (6PM Paris-time as I'm writing this--can't guarantee

when this message will be sent) I'm unpacking some things.  I'll take
pictures of the room and probably will include them in a separate
message.  It's a decent size, but there's no carpet...  :(

Anyway, things are going well.  We should be catching up with the rest

of the program participants + the director tomorrow.

If you want to contact me outside of email and Facebook while I'm

here, this should be of interest to you:

- I got something called a magicJack--it's basically a landline phone

that I can plug into my computer with a ___ area code.  This way I can
call home without paying enormous fees!  Due to the weird Internet
connection I have, I can't guarantee that it will always be on, but my
phone number is ____________.  I have a voicemail box, so you can
leave a message if I don't answer.  :)  Also, keep in mind that I am
6hrs ahead of you!

- My mailing address is:

       ___________________
Use that if you want to send me anything!  :D

I will do my best to keep in touch as often as possible.  :)  For the

next week or so I'll be participating in orientation activities as
well as placement exams, so I have a little while before I start my
classes.

Lots of love and hope to talk to you soon,

- Maeghan

No comments:

Post a Comment